Sunday, October 3, 2010

First performance

Yesterday I had my very first performance with my hoop! It was awesome and nerve-wracking at the same time. Funny enough, I messed up on the parts that I thought I had nailed and nailed the parts I was worried about! It was for the Chocolate Festival at St. Mary's school, so I got some student involvement for the second part of my act and people hooped it up for about 20 minutes before my set was done.

October is the month of performance for me, and I'm super stoked! On the 15th I'll be taking part in a dance showcase that Fierce Fusion is hosting at Sky City, then on the 19th I'll be part of the ASAA/PUB talent show at school. I think I'm most nervous about the dance showcase, just because I'll be surrounded by super-talented dancers and some of them are even hoopers themselves. Here's the info, the flyer was made by Jon Paschal.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first performance. No performance is every perfect. It will get better as you go. It's so much fun, enjoy the rush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome :) glad to hear it went well! It sounds like you really worked the crowd and kept them entertained.

    Good luck on your upcoming show. Do you have anyone taking video of your performances? It might be awesome for you to see yourself hooping in a different setting other than your living room or backyard :)

    -Shekinah

    ReplyDelete